Saturday, September 10, 2011

How about a Game Day Thought Post.

Similar to blogs on the big outlets, I wanted something to post little things during the day in one post before I forget to tell you when we talk.

* Auburn or LSU which team wins more games they should lose.
* I know Mullen has groomed and wants to see his QB Relf as a Tebow.  Well, Tebow would never have went down short of the goal line when a little DB hit his legs.
* The Bulldogs have really improved physically, but I wonder if they will survive the SEC West with less than 4 losses after the injuries keep coming.  I still do not like the D talent, Mullen will fix it, if he doesn't end up in Georgia next year.
* West Va looked lost today, out of sync.  I hope they stay that way until LSU leaves town.
* Ohio State struggled big time with Toledo, but its early in the year so lets forget that... My question...Why brag about 44 game winning streak against In-State Schools.   Cincinnati and who?  Oh wait I forgot the Akron Zips!
Toledo out gained the Buctoo's, but had 14 penalties compared to 2 against OHIO.
* It was nice watching Dooley let his offense continue to push the ball down the field.  Bray looked good.
* Judging Andrew Luck against Duke was useless.  Both Schools seem slow and smaller tha what I am used to.
* I still love to hear them sing "Rocky Top" in Knoxville.
* Saban quote after fake punt went something like this...He missed the hole. If he runs where he was supposed to it would have been big. We just got lucky to get a first down.----  Saban is always the perfectionist.
* South Carolina just looks very average to me again this year, I still thing SEC East is Florida's for the taking.  Too Bad Florida is the only team playing the powers of the West.
*I never thought it would be so painful to watch a Spurrier coached offense.
* Bama is a work in progress and I felt that Saban called off the dogs again against Paterno.
* Was it me that said Va Tech would be undefeated when they play Fla State in ACC finals.  Tied at 10 with E Carolina.
*I have too many channels.  Did you know that Colorado State and Northern Colorado have the same color schemes.  I didn't and I am glad I never knew. 
* So BYU beats Ole Miss who may not win an SEC game this year and I am worried about them beating Texas...How did this happen?
*The Hogs look scary, I cringe thinking about Petrino being overlooked for Miles.
*Penn State had 125 yard offense on first drive 54 and last drive 71(trash time.)  The remainder of the game 126 total yards.
*A miracle - Ole Miss has 28 points on the board in the first half...  Wait Southern Illin, famous for a BBall player named Collins...
* Why does Gilbert still look confused...
*  oop Gilbert Pick...
*Alshon Jeffery is too good to have Garcia as a QB.
*Gamecocks really upset me.  They make Ga look decent.   Would SC be 6th in SEC West , I say yes... LSU, Bama,Ark, Aub, Miss State.
*  Watching Norm Chow at Utah coaching against Kiffin at USC makes me laugh.  Chow never got the respect he deserved there.
* Surreal-  Flipping thru Big 10 network, I see Nebraska... Then reality.  I flip to see Fresno winning and Pelini screaming at refs.
*God, I want South Carolina to win this game...
* I want to see the throwback uniforms for ND and Michigan. I want to see a cloverleaf on the golden domers.
* The announcer just said Texas better athletes to cover BYU?  Wow...
*LSU wears these Purple Uniforms and I get depressed...Why can't they find a better purple?  Seriously it is a bad purple.
*Why does Ga need a new coach...2:03 left 3rd and 3 SC has the ball and Richt ... Lets clock run... SC get first down at 1:16.   Crazy decisions for his first year, I cannot believe he is still in Athens.
*The just interviewed Wendell Davis during LSU game.  Another Shreveport guy that did well, hard to forget his injury to both knees while with Bears.
*J. Lee still looks below average in his decision making. His stats will be good tonite but even NSU tricks him on blitzes.
*I admit surprise to see Vandy up 14-3 over UCONN at half.  Even I give the Big East too much credit.
*All week I heard people say Michigan would beat ND, and maybe they will, but I think ND is better.  I still feel the South Florida game was a fluke... But I admit, I saw the Coach dropping F Bombs last week and felt that it epitomized the school.
*How did Auburn fall out ot top 25 and Texas get in last week?  Auburn wins by multiple TDs. Even on bad day.
*Gilbert should transfer.  Ash and McCoy seem to have the teams emotions.
*My first viewing of Malcom Brown... He runs up to line, no adjustments slows down when he hits a crowd. At least his belly doesn't jiggle like it did at end of High School Career.  With that power he will average nearly 5 yards a carry in Big 12.
*Mettenberger first snap- first completion...ditto on 2nd play... much quicker release than Lee and JJ.   3rd play... 3 for 3.  4-4.  Nice improvement...Been years since LSU had a QB that could throw.
*After Ford made jokes about Ware tiring out Oregon last week, I think miles was pissed, he really ran Ford first and up the middle a bunch tonite.  He is still the best RB, Ware is a pusher with speed.
*Michigan and ND fight songs.  They are just great.
*Nathan Dick is tied up against La Tech tonight.  I need him to throw a pick..he has 370 yds passing already.



j.

No comments: