Saturday, September 17, 2011

College Day Thougths

- How long can OLE MISS keep Nutt in Oxford, this is embarrassing. 21-0 halftime at Vandy!
- Auburn is the most exciting team in College Football.  Every games is a 4th quarter decision.  Tied at half again. They have to lose eventually.
- It is early, but the LSU defense is as aggressive as those great Miami defenses. Maybe 3rd NC in a row for Tigers in Dome.
-Paterno needs to retire- Down again against Temple in 3rd.  It was obvious to me Saban called off the dogs last week.
-It looks like the WV woke up against these hideous Maryland uniforms.
-I know we all like Iowa's coach, but what has he really done.   We give him the credit for not getting talent, so he is a better coach. 
-What happened in the world of football to cause Notre Dame to be unable to play defense.
- How did Houston score that many points against UCLA.  New Dcoord needs work.   If Texas wins this game I see 9 wins coming. 
-I am debating driving over to Ruston to watch Houston-La Tech game, missing Noles and OU is hard to do.  Last year they took a top 10 Boise State to the end before losing. 
-TCU playing Northeast Indians on TV is fun for me (oops  Louisiana Monroe WarHawks) I hope NLU keeps it respectable.  Jimbo Fisher gave the ULM coach props for the diversity of his offense in week one.
- Malcolm Brown is looking better than I expected.  I am changing my attitude, but it will have to be against someone that Houston hasn't beat down.
-McCoy is definitely the QB-  I know why Ash looked good in practice, I worry Texas Defense is still a work in progress.
- I am liking my preseason prediction for 10 wins for Horns in Big 12.
- After watching another Pac 12 team, it is obvious why OU and Texas talked to the Pac 12.  Pitiful.
-Florida Defense is a swarm of speed.  -20 yds rushing with 7min left in 4th.  UT cant move them.
-The offense is improving.  Maybe they will sneak a win against Ark/Ala/LSU and get to conference championship.
-Fighting Irish are 1-2 and should be 3-0.  A little Defense is all this team needs to handle the Big East and Big 10.
-VA Tech has been to 18 bowls in a row.   That new QB (soph-Logan Thomas) is a monster. 6'6" 254lbs.  He is still weak on the passing, but is a beast.
-ESPN 360 with HDMI cable is great. 
Screen 1.  La Tech playing Houston tight so far.
Screen 2  Arkansas
Screen 3 Bama
Screen 4 SC pukes.
-S. Garcia is really a mess, he is either great or terrible.  Spurrier has no chance with this guy.
-TECH 20-7 at half with the best colored uniforms in America.
-Lattimore 200 yards and counting in a UGLY UGLY game.  Can't stand this team.
- How shocked were you to hear " Thats Jack Nicklaus's grandson" on the recption for Fla State.
- If Noles can just keep it close... Stoops will blink and Sooners will start to whine.
-How can Ohio State really be this bad on offense?
-I hope I didn't jinx Tech.. Up 34-7 with 5 min in 3rd,  I told the wife " Cougs will probably score 50 now.
-Saban teams just really do not look good against bad teams like North Texas.
=== I hate it the Jinx...Cougars scored 28 straight points..35-34 Houston.  1:31 left...17yr old QB has to repeat last weeks miracle in last few seconds.  
No miracle in Ruston, just a collapse.
j.

1 comment:

Sport Thought said...

I'm almost actually glad that Auburn lost. If any team deserved to take a loss after their performance so far this year, it's them. Gave up 624 yards today? Wow.

S