Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Kobe/Lebron

After watching the playoffs to this point I'm finding it striking to see the difference in Kobe and Lebron. The bottom line is that Lebron is still living off of pure ability, which is awesome to see, but Kobe is simply a better basketball player. I completely agree with your earlier description of Kobe as Jordan without the quickness, but he truly has a complete game; he is driven and competitive in a way I just don't see yet in Lebron, and Kobe's offensive game is varied and polished, compared to Lebron who has no go-to moves and no mid-range game at all. It's funny to say so, with Lebron's status being what it is, but he really needs to recognize that he needs to work on his game, but I don't think anyone would be willing to tell him that, and I don't know if he's detached enough to figure it out himself.

S

No comments: