Thursday, May 6, 2010

Revisiting the 2008 RB's.

I read an article about the 2008 RB's in that draft.
They were really special.
S, You may still have my breakdown of the backs and my ratings prior to the draft.

1. Darren McFadden - I doubted his translation to the pro game because of rumors out of the Hogland on character. If he played for Jeff Fisher he may be a pro bowler.
2. Jonathan Stewart- He was my favorite that year. Elusive, Quick and Powerful. 5.1 yds per carry this year 1133 yards. Splits time with the ball.
3. Felix Jones- My second favorite prior to draft. 7.3 yds per carry thru 2 years. Why does Red Jesus insist on running Barber into peoples back.
4. Rashard Mendenhall- I thought he looked juiced coming out. Had a good year.
5. Chris Johnson- 2006 yds 5.6 yds per carry.Best year ever statistically? Pro Bowler
6. Matt Forte -over 1000 rookie year with no offense coaching.
6. Ray Rice- Pro Bowl. 1339yd...5.3
7. Kevin Smith- Nothing special.
8. Jacob Hester- 13 games Started
9. Jamar Charles 1129yds 5.9 -- The traded Larry Johnson too late in the year.
10. Steve Slanton- 1200yds rookie year 4.8.
11. Tashard Choice- 5.3 yds per carry in 2 years. Heck he is better that Marion Barber.
12. Clifford Smith- Pro Bowl as Kick returner.

Good group for 2008

Marion Barber has averaged 4.0 yd per carry during the last two years.
While Jones averages 7.3 and Choice 5.3. Why is Barber playing? They say for his blocking but all I see is Romo dodging people.

j

No comments: