Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lakers & Celts

With an 11th Lakers/Celtics final looming, I heard this, but didn't verify it: during the past 50 years the Celtics have played in 17 finals, winning 15, and the Lakers have played in 24, winning 10. So, out of a possible 100 teams contesting the past 50 finals, these 2 have been represented 41 times, and out of 50 winners, they have combined for 25 of them.

After stumbling to a 27-27 finish in the regular season, the Celts have proven that a veteran team can indeed "flip the switch". The only question is whether they will "hit the wall" being as old as they are. I once again give Rivers a ton of credit. These teams are loaded and I actually find myself looking forward to actually watching every game in what could be a true classic. There will be great match-ups everywhere on the floor with both teams fielding 4 starters who have been all-stars.

S

1 comment:

Sport Thought said...

I am dying watching this playoff.

Because I spent time typing on the this blog about the ref's allowing certain players to play defense that is illegal, I get sick watching the games.

j