Saturday, May 1, 2010

What I would have won?!?!?!

For fun of course , because everyone knows I do not enjoy betting the horses. Besides my wife would clean my wallet like she does with my golfing bets.

What would have happened if I bet my 3 picks.
I will use my thoughts from my time growing up and visiting the Downs , lets use my 75/25 bet. I tended to hedge with the 25% to lower my losses and make me feel better.

My bet would be $20.00 on each of the three horses in the big race. $15 to win and $5 to show.
Super Saver paid out $18.00 to win, $8.80 and $6 to show.

I would have won around $170.00 on the tickets. (Minus the 60.00 of course.)

Borel has won 3 of the last 4 Ky Derby's. It looked like last years race.

j

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Borel has not entered a new category. He has won 3 of the last 4 Derby's. Only one horse (Street Sense) was a favorite. His confidence/skill is giving him an advantage. No other jockey will cut thru a seam or on the rail like he does. He did it with all 3 horses. Additionally- he won the Preakness last year with a filly-- albeit an extrodianry one it was still a great accomplishment. Not bad for a little Cajun