Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Rangers - Nolan

I have been a huge fan of Nolan during his tenure in Texas, but I will admit this. I would have fired Ron Washington before the season started.
Well, maybe I would have been wrong.

The acquisition of Cliff Lee was straight out of the Yankees, Sox, and Phillies with picking up an ace. I know they gave up a lot, but I am so happy to see the Rangers playing for a pennant.

April 1972 to Oct 2010, 49 years without a playoff series win until tonight.

The change that Ryan and Washington have done with this pitching staff is incredible.

Who would have thought that the Rangers make me happier than the Cowboys.

J.

1 comment:

Sport Thought said...

Of course the national perception is that the Rangers lucked into the ALCS by renting Lee for a short time. He is definately a rock with nerves of steel. But, give Washington credit for fielding a loose team last night, not afraid, not intimidated, and ready to be aggressive.

Also credit Maddux and Hurdle; they appear to be really good at what they do. Today's local radio was like the Rangers won the World Series. It was a nice 24 hours for a sad franchise that is making some real headway toward being relevant.