Sunday, October 24, 2010

Saints and the Ryan Brothers.

Rarely would I give up a golf date to watch the Saints.

Today, I wanted to see how Ryan defended Payton's magic and see Colt McCoy.

First, I feel better about McCoy than I did in the draft and I liked him more than nearly anyone else. I did not know he had that much fire. If the Browns get a fullback that can pick up a blitz and catch a pass they will be a .500 or more team.
McCoy is still accurate and quick. Two starts against two of the best 5 teams in the NFL and he has preformed very well.

Ryan seems to be as good as his brother and father. Cleveland does not impress me with talent but he was sitting on the Saints routes all day. I have not seen his personality in a press conference as of yet, but if he has half of his families charisma I would consider him in Dallas. I am not saying choose him over some of the superstars currently in the booth, but I was impressed with the way they controlled the run after the catch with the Saints.

Admittedly the Saints had a bad luck day with these interception bouncing the wrong way and leading to touchdowns.

The Saints just are off. It seemed to me that Payton is keeping more blockers in and not flooding the zones with recievers running full speed. Maybe I am wrong, I feel like Brees is at a huge disadvantage if he is asked to throw fastballs to timing curl routes, he just lacks the velocity.

Darren McFadden, Felix Jones, Peyton Hillis in the wildhog in college. I never consider Hillis to be a tailback coming out, I knew what his 40 time was and he looks good in the NFL. No wonder Malzahn changed to a run spread from his passing philosophy when he arrived.

J

No comments: