Thursday, April 15, 2010

Jerry Gate

After reading up on this, I'm really appalled that mainstream news outlets, including ESPN, would air such a piece of trash. I understand that there are blogs and gossip columns where this type of thing could always be found. But I would hope that mainstream outlets would practice some standards when it comes to statements by public figures. If they don't know they're on the record, have not consented to an interview, and have no chance for rebuttal before publication, then the item should not be fit for running. It's really sickening what is happening in our culture where even the big news organizations will run such garbage.

In a sidenote, after listening to the Herd for much of the morning on ESPN radio, I sent an e-mail to Collin Cowherd from my Blackberry. I figured it would likely be one of hundreds and I would never hear of it. Amazingly not 3 minutes later he read it on the air! Even called my first name. Of course he disagreed with me and made a ridiculous rebuttal that didn't really address what I said. But I was really surprised it got right on the air.

S

No comments: