Wednesday, April 14, 2010

NBA Playoffs and the Pseudo Basketball

Yes, Pseudo Basketball: traveling allowed, carrying allowed, refs throwing points in games, and the best players in the world have lost the true basketball fans. Notice I avoided the off side fouls with holding. Did I mention that I hate preferential treatment for certain players and coaches?

I want to start with my weak kneed Mav's.
It kills me when they lose and I hate to watch them in the 4th qtr because of the past defensive players.
I will be cheering them on, but I have no faith that Dallas as a 2 seed can beat the Spurs.
Even though, I like the Spurs match-up much better than the Blazers or Thunder.

I have been impressed with the recent Defense I see out of the Suns.
They are a vastly improved team.

Lakers- Yuck, but the talent is the best and they really get the reputation calls.
Nuggets- I still worry about them forgetting to play 4 quarters.
Thunder- My new favorite team. They play defense and as soon as the refs stop allowing the Lakers to play defense with their forearms the Lakers will lose.
I see that Phil Jackson is complaining the Durant is getting foul shots when he is fouled. Little wonder that the NBA cannot get anyone to watch the games on TV.

In the East.
Cavs-Magic-Celtics-Hawks.
I realize the Magic should win, but I have a feeling the LeBron will score enough in crunch time to make Howard's inability to make a scoring move a problem when it matters.
But when you throw in that Van Icky is probably the better coach Brown and we will have 7 games of quality pseudo ball.

I actually like the talent on the Hawks more than the other two teams. The Celts are just getting old.

J


No comments: