Thursday, April 15, 2010

Jerry Rice at the Nationwide Event

He is still living in the world superstars often die in. A need for-Attention and Delusions.
Someone needs to tell him to be humble without qualifying his true feelings with passive aggressive comments. like I will have to work hard, but I may make it.

My history with Rice: since he complained out loud for not being named Super Bowl MVP over Media Darling Montana, I have been unable to tune out his arrogance and delusion.

Another example: He was upset when Irvin and Sharpe would take over the media, locker room and huddle in the pro bowl. Throwing Irvin under the proverbial bus, saying "I don't play that way."
Read This Jerry- You were great, but you are considered the greatest because Bill Walsh put you in situations that allowed the QB and WR multiple route adjustments on each play. You were not the strongest, quickest, smartest nor the even the most arrogant. Remember this, TO was producing you great numbers immediately and Steve Young surpassed Montana. It was the system!!! Praise the brains of Walsh and forgive Rice and Montana for the delusions.

Back to my story:
1. Rice thinks he can drive with these unproven young and old pros.
I have seen him...Please...He is my age and in shape and I would not fear anything buy my lack of practice.
2. He says he has a chance on the a PRO Tour with work.
Well, I will give everyon a comparison, these nation wide players are better by a larger degree than NFL players are to college players when compared to an average scratch or plus 1 or 3 country club player.
I know this since I live in this category and have been to practice in over 2 years. They would demolish most people that never went below say a plus 5 in their life.

A comparison, Romo and Rhoden toasted Rice in the last tourney and they missed the cut against the big boys. Romo and Rhoden are much more dynamic on the course than Rice.

j




1 comment:

Sport Thought said...

Rice played better than I expected.
1 person did shoot worse.
His 159 two day score was only 30 strokes off the lead.

j