Thursday, April 22, 2010

Rating the draft.

I really liked the Thursday Night addition.
I also like the delay before round 2.

I do not like to grade a draft, because it is not as relevant to me to consider a teams needs.

Some people downgraded Detroit because they did not need a defensive lineman and a RB.
That is ridiculous to me, since with those two picks they landed two special college talents.
Not good talent, special talents. Actually the best players in the two conferences.

Detroit, with two picks or not may have been my top pick.
Picks I really judge on talent and production with a lean toward the importance of the position.
Injuries or up and down career is a
Example. Short of Reed, I don't like safety unless they can cover like Berry with ball skills.
ILB - Filler position unless it is a Willis.
1. Detroit. Best DL, and special RB.
2. Seahawks- Best OL and Second Best DB.
3. Eagles-Best LB
4. Cowboys- Best WR - Without checked family life he would have been top 5 pick.
5. Chiefs - Best DB if he was corner I would have them 3rd.
6. Steelers-Best Center -

I cannot put Bradford on here, only because of the offense he ran and the injuries.
j




1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Top in round one has to be the Lions. Swartz can coach Dline and he gets the best player in the draft and he plays Dline! Best is icing and gives them 2 backs now. They may be on to something, but it is still the Lions.

2 teams you did not mention-
1) 49ers made 2 picks at the line. The now have RT and LT (Staley) set and just picked up the top guard. A nasty physical O line can cover up a lot of average.
2) Cards- I am partial because I like Whisenhunt but Morgan is a huge need pick- Big DT next to Dockett has the potential to be oustanding. As long as Morgan is not lazy it could be big.
====
Saints- ho hum. I am not sure what to feel. I am glad they drafted defense but I was pulling for Kindle.

Cowboys- scored a coup. Gave up next to nothing to move up and grab a top 5 talent. He has baggage but not like some others who have been drafted. He is not a criminal, just needs maturity. I think it may be the best place for Bryant- TX kid and he will not be the face of the franchise---less pressure on him. Additionally, Players past can help him with the transition.

Jonathan