Monday, April 12, 2010

Masters Aftermath

As a non-golfer, my take after watching most of the final round at Augusta. I was very happy for Phil and his family. Three 67's in 4 rounds there is spectacular golf. I actually like Phil, he just has been such a disappointment to this point in his career, leaving Woods to search for a real rival all these years, like Jack had all along. I sincerely hope he builds on it.

Watching Tiger, he no longer appears to be clearly the best golfer in the world anymore. I believe you were totally right in saying he would regret the last swing change. He loses it too often now so that to me he is now just another talented guy who might buckle at any time. You know my greatest appreciation for him has always been the mental side. Tiger in the first half of the decade was coolly efficient and cold-blooded in the clutch. He is no longer so. I don't think he trusts his swing. Last year's PGA was the kicking in of the door, although there were already symptoms. I will watch with interest how he attacks his issues now. Ass or not, I do mourn the passing of the "great" Tiger of '01-'05 or whatever it was.

S

1 comment:

Sport Thought said...

Pompous Putz will fire Haney and his ego, shorten his back swing and beat the heck out of everyone.

He putted really well last week, but missing the fairway by 20 yards in both directions is crazy. Even Phil only goes one direction.
j