Monday, April 26, 2010

Roy Halladay

S,
I finally read the SI article you were talking about, Halladay really is special.

I love the idea of no wasted pitches with the same velocity for each pitch.
I wonder why only certain people can apply the correct finger pressure to get the movement?

But, we do not need another pitcher that is a prima donna and can't be a good guy on days he pitches. I do not respect the thought that he could not be great and treat people civil.

Now I understand why you mentioned my doubting his work out regimen, without the juice.
His workout is about endurance and did not produce the bulk. At his height he could have been huge with the help of meds. I do not have as much doubt on Halladay because his body and arms fit hands and the pictures do not show freakish growth.
His forearms look normal for his hands.

Now all bets are off if at 39 he starts throwing 99 instead of 93.

It also made me think about the 300 win club, at 15 wins a year until he is 40, he will still be 30 short.


j

No comments: