Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Bama/Texas

I don’t know that I’ve ever been more disappointed after a team I pulled for won a game as I was after the Longhorn debacle Saturday. They should be humbled and even embarrassed. Even after this many days I would have to say that depending on how they play against Bama, I may abandon my growing fan status that I’ve experienced over the past 3-4 years. They had no answer for what Nebraska did to them and didn’t even seem interested in finding one. Just hoped the ‘husker ineptitude on offense would serve to squeek out the win. I can’t pull for a team that soft and weak-willed.

We’ll see how they fare in January, but I can’t see ole Nick getting outcoached in this one and he certainly has the tougher, more physical team. The run defense will be the key for TX; I think they had the top ranked run defense in the country. If AL can run on them, they don’t have much chance. On the other side, I’d be seriously concerned that AL will knock McCoy out of the game. He’s in for some knocks. The only chance I see for the ‘horns is they have to hit some big plays. Similar to what TN did against FL St. a few years back. They’ll have to pop some long ones to stay in it.

S

No comments: