Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Radio Talk follow up.

It is funny that you wrote this, Buck and I were discussing radio in Lake Charles at lunch. He listens to Patrick daily. I have had trouble putting up with the arrogance since about the end of his 3rd year at Espn.
He does have great guest, but he does a little too much complaining about the everyday man when making excuses for his athlete friends.
I think Patrick picked up some of Olberman's god syndrome in their love fest.

Buck mentioned that Van Pelt was too slick also. I agree.
Tirico is just, well over the top in his worship. I wonder if he dreams about Eldrick Woods and what excuse he can make for being knocked out on at the scene of a minor accident.

Rivals and Bill King are a something that I enjoy.
I agree with you and wish he would stop taking any call in guest.
The interviews he has with the local media and national organizations is my favorite.

Gallowy is a little to much show and less substance than I like.
But, I do have my favorites segments that I listen to each week.
Mon at 5p with Steve Dennis. Tuesday 525 with Broddus, Wed and Thur during football can have Herbstriet and Mortenson.
I really miss the old school football firing line with Luska and the old historical media guys.
I also like Moseley when they talk football, but the jokes about peoples appearance, weight and religious backgrounds make me want to puke.
I even like The Coop on all sports, not just the Mavs.
As a positive, I think it is much better with the new guy Ian. He seems to get much better interviews and is not hung on BIG 12 hyperbole while giving credit to ACC, Pac 10 and the SEC. It is funny to here them talk about their love for the Saints.

My favorite shows on Fox are always include Chris Landry. College or NFL it is the most informative show. It is also why I like Broddus on Galloway. It figures that they are both from Louisiana.

I also try to record Kipper on ESPN when he is on Saturdays.

I miss Mike Fisher being on the radio in Dallas, he was more receptive to the idea that the player wasn't what you saw on prepared interviews.

My recorder on XM makes traveling and golf more enjoyable. Even though the other golfers probably get tired of my Cowboy shows on the course.

I know I misspelled some of the names above, but I was too lazy to look it up.
j

No comments: