Thursday, December 17, 2009

A friends top 10 events at LSU this decade.

We often hear people brag about certain schools fans and the amount of pride they take in a teams success. I have a friend that spends a lot of emotion and time following LSU.

He sent me a note with the top 10 events he witnessed during the decade for LSU.

I hope he doesn't mind me sharing.
============================
His note:
--
This is hard. Top ten LSU athletic events I have seen in last decade are...

1) LSU vs Texas game 2 CWS. When Colby jumped in my arms when DJ hit that double is a memory I will never forget.
2) 03 NC game. When John and I looked at each other and said, what do we do now. We just won the NC.
3) 4) 5) The 10 games I saw in 07. It was a magical ride that I will never forget. Va Tech beat down, Fla, Auburn. SC flip over the head.
6) 07 SEC champ game when the little Tenn fan kid cried when we beat them and then watching Pitt beat WV at the hotel afterwards.
7) LSU vs Texas game 3 CWS. I was so tired but a victory lap in Omaha is second to none.
8) 02 Sugar Bowl vs Illinois. ILL-----INI. Illinois fan making John very mad in the elevator.
9) 1st OT game in Tiger Stadium in 2000 over Tenn, We lost my father in law.
10) 07 NC game. Just because it was a NC game and my wife's first one. Not that special of a game after all the games that year.
==================

Notes like this make me question my decision to always say that I prefer to watch games on the television.

It truly was a golden era at LSU and Staten was a lucky man.

No comments: