Sunday, December 5, 2010

Bowls- Quick Glimpse

I will break them down in High Interest, Bad Game, Good Games and What a Shame.
High Interest
Auburn- Oregon  In this year of no defense, I am glad they survived undefeated.  I picked the Ducks to win the Championship earlier this year, but it was not against an SEC defense.  This is the first time, I actually think the SEC could lose.  But I doubt it.

LSU- Aggies - I commented on this game earlier in the week.   LSU should win and the entire game will be slow and a yawner.

TCU-Wisconsin - Well TCU gets to play a good team finally. Wisconsin rolled through the Big 10 after losing to Michigan State.  I hope that TCU scores enough early to keep the Badgers from pounding them to death.   I really wish TCU would have played a smaller team like Stanford. 
I cannot pick TCU, even though I think Wisconsin can be had with a few tricks.

Ohio State - Arkansas -  I have heard too many people say Arkansas cannot win.  I do not understand this thought.  With Petrino anything is possible and Ohio State will not do anything they haven't seen done before at a higher speed.    Hogs finally win a Sugar Bowl.

Michigan-Mississippi State-It seems strange for these teams to play and the Dogs being favored.
It will be interesting to see Rich Rod with a few weeks to prepare, he will come out guns a blaze. 
Mullen should win with pure muscle.

Air Force-Ga Tech-  I only list this because its the first Indy Bowl with the new conference alignment.  I wanted to watch something besides two wishbone teams. I hope Air Force wins for the cities Air Force personnel.

Bad Games
Oklahoma-UConn-  Something is not right in the world with this match-up.  Big 12 champ should play someone with more talent.
Nebraska-Washington -  They played earlier this year - Nebraska 56-21 winner.

Good Games
Alabama-Michigan State-  MSU faces Saban again.  They will rue the day that they have to see him again.
This is Norte Dame or even Wisconsin.  This is the NFL minor leagues.
Illinois-Baylor -  I just like watching Briles coach and hope Zook loses.  I hope the Bears have enough defense, but I doubt it.
Oklahoma State-Arizona-   Gotta love the Okies offense and no defense playing against a Stoops.


What A Shame
Stanford-Va Tech- Stanford earned the right to play someone bigger.  Even a Wisconsin-Stanford game would have seemed more appropriate.  Anyone of the 3 one loss Big 10 teams or SEC teams with 2 loses.
Boise State-Utah -  I would like to see Boise State play a Pac 10 or Big 10 school.  Not interested in seeing them play a team TCU thrashed.  How about a Nebraska- Boise Match Up?  Boise State backed out recently of a game because Nebraska would not pay them a reported 1 million dollars to go to Lincoln.

This is exactly why I do not like conference affiliations on both sides with a bowl.
It sure would be nice with one side open to get the better match ups.

J.

 
Comments
"Jonathan"  said- CFB can not have a playoff because it would take too long. The student would
be away from school too long. --- Sound familiar?


I just looked at the bowl schedule and it goes on until Jan10!

I miss New years days of the past Loaded with great games all day. Instead
we get to see the Penn ST Fl, Tx Tech v Northwestern, and Mich vs Miss
State. Games of little consequence. I will watch the Rose-- interested to
see how TCU ranks against a traditional Big 10 school.

Why the hell are there bad games in January-- No reason and I could care
less about the Compass, Go Daddy, or Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl.
Games I will look forward to --- Rose, Sugar (Go Hogs), and the BCS. Cotton
out of loyalty as well.

No comments: