Saturday, December 4, 2010

Saying Bye to Nebraska. A decade they deserved.

Thank goodness, Oklahoma ended this rivalry with a win and sent that group of violent complaining coaches and administration out with a loss.   No titles in over a decade. 

Nebraska has a truly great history, but I cannot remember a single game in which I have pulled for the Cornhuskers..My childhood is full of memories with the Sooners-Huskers, I considered it the best rivalry in College Football for years.  I have always associated Nebraska and Osborne with steroids and thugs.
Switzer beat them most years and at least admitted that he had thugs.

Nebraska always seemed like a fake program to me, similar to how I see Paterno and Penn State.  These teams seem to be protected by a small market media, while the players that graduated from these programs during their heyday had unusual body shapes, that are often associated with illegal drugs.  I am glad they are together in the Big 10 and will wondering why they can't seem to catch the big 2 of the Big 10.

Now we can finally say "So Long"to Nebraska and the whiner known as Dr Tom. 
Life was not good to Nebraska after they joined the Big 12.
  After 15 years they have TWO titles and have not won one since the 1990's ...  SOUR APPLES?
 
Can they really believe that Ohio State and Michigan will not be the decision makers in the Big 10.  I expect the whining to continue.

As a positive, Nebraska fans are some of the greatest.
But overall, they are a program that needs to get rid of Osbourne.
J

No comments: