Friday, January 8, 2010

Where the Talent Is II / Miami

You wanted to see some additional teams:

Aub - 32/6
Clem - 24/3
FSU - 49/10
Miami - 58/25

Ok, lets talk Miami. That is by far the most 1st rounders of the decade. And 19 of those came in '01 - '04. I think it's clear that the early '00's teams of this decade were even more talented than JJ's. After '04 things fell off until last year they only had 1 player drafted at all. But I looked back from '85 to '04 and found 40 1st rounders. Below is my Miami 'heyday' all-star team.

DL - Cortez Kennedy WR - Michael Irvin
DL - Jerome Brown TE - Jeremy Shockey
DL - Warren Sapp OL - Bryant McKinnie
DL - Kenny Holmes OL - Leon Searcy
LB - Jesse Armstead OL - Vernon Carey
LB - Ray Lewis OL - Eric Winston
LB - D.J. Williams TE - Kellen Winslow Jr.
CB - Duane Starks WR - Andre Johnson
S - Ed Reed QB - Vinny Testeverde
S - Bennie Blades FB - Alonzo Highsmith
CB - Ryan McNeil RB - Clinton Portis
Spec - Devin Hester

Break it down. No one will run on us period. Brown, Kennedy, & Lewis will stuff the middle while Holmes, Sapp, Armstead, Williams, Reed, and Blades wreak havoc on anything wide. I'm thin at corner with Phillip Buchanon my only quality slot or nickel corner off the bench. I've got Sean Taylor as the 3rd safety. I don't have great pass rushers, with Sapp moving to end along with Holmes. You would have to throw on me, but my backfield can make plays. Russell Maryland, Jonathan Vilma, Mike Barrow, & Vince Wilfork give me some depth along with Taylor and Buchanon.

I have trouble at QB. I picked Vinny since he won the Heisman and had a long NFL career. If I had to really suit up, I'd probably start Dorsey or Walsh. My O-line is thin, not a lot of talent there. I'd have some spare center, but my starters are solid otherwise. Weapons galore. Eddie Brown and Reggie Wayne back up Irvin & Johnson. Shockey & Winslow give me mid-range targets and can also break deep. I go with Portis over a bevy of talented tailbacks: Gore, James, & McGahee. I go pro-style and can hold my own with anyone. Hester is the secret weapon on special teams.

S

1 comment:

Sport Thought said...

Incredible Stuff.
Why did Davis leave?