Monday, February 22, 2010

Bassmaster Classic

As a first for our blog, I will venture into my beloved Bass fishing.
On my Birthday, last Thursday, my Father and I went to my Father-In-Law's Pond for our annual trip. We had another good day doing what I consider my favorite past time. (Side note-On Friday, we went against each other's teams on the golf course and I had to birdie 18 to offset his birdie on 17 to win. When he reached the mid 70's, I was not supposed to have to try this hard to win.)

I just watched Kevin VanDam win another Bassmaster Classic. He truly is the best I have ever seen. I thought Roland Martin and his scientific approach would remain as the best since the tour has gone commercial - I was wrong.

KVD who is from Kalamazoo, Mn, is just better than the rest of us. He has the gift to understand what is under the water and how to present baits in the proper angle. It is interesting to watch these guys that grow up fishing the open water in the North and in the West continue to dominate the bass circuit.

The Classic comes back to Bossier City in 2012.
j


No comments: