Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Picks for Sweet 16

I am feeling better about my New Mexico pick from a few weeks ago, but still do not feel they have beaten anyone good that was up for them. They lost 3 of 5 early and haven't lost since.
Steve Alford has done a fine job-They have 1 out of conference win over Texas A&M at home early.
I have hedged on UAB as the season continues, UTEP beat them earlier and seem to be getting better. They will probably play two more times this year. (Last game and the tourney.)

Duke is still not appealing to me, but at number 5, it is hard for me to truly think they will not win the first two rounds. )
I would now add Marquette and Baylor. I lean to Baylor over A&M because they are always close.
Removing UAB and Purdue (Hummel injury)

My Final Four Predictions from earlier
Villanova- They had better starting shooting better.
Kansas- Favorite with the improved defense.
Syracuse- They will be in title game.
Michigan State- Izzo wizardry.

Remainder of Sweet 16.
Kentucky, Purdue(Now Marquette), Ohio St, WV,
Gtown, TX, K State, Wisconsin,
Pitt, New Mexico, Butler, UAB(Now Baylor)

j

No comments: