Friday, February 26, 2010

JXC sent me an Email

I thought a different point of view was a good thing.
Here is JXC's note.

Subject: Basketball with a couple of Football thoughts
off the record- I just saw Too Tall Jones on a Geico commercial in a
hospital gown

I was going to say something on the blog but I have multiple comments

I am trying to transfer into Basketball mode. I am not sure how successful
I
will be but here is an effort

1) NBA- annoyances

Traveling is big, but the largest too many is the trading players simply
for expiring contracts. Keith Van Horn picking up a few million for taking
a
physical a few years ago comes to mind. I have no problem with teams
"playing the game" but I wish this would go away.

This years trades- What is the Wizards plan? Dump Jamison and Butler for
lgauskas and Howard? How do you sell that one.

Mavs and Cav taking these players--- great moves for both.


2) I watched the Hornets and Cavs last night. Thornton put on a great show
he score inside and outside. However, the Cavs were a superior talent.
James
pretty much "assisted" in the 2nd half but he would turn it on
occasionally
and the Hornets could not do anything. Shaq is old and overweight, still
needs to be accounted for but could be more if he wanted. Jamison was a
good
pick up. James made a few assist to him that looked great.

3) Knicks-- Bosh and Wade would be an outstanding match up, but I am torn.
They sold out for years for this off season and did not try to win, but I
do
appreciate how Walsh has played his hand-- He took a team in horrendous
shape and is making them relevant.

4) What about the bulls in the off season- The have room for one max
player.

=============
College-- I have not been able to watch enough- I will catch up in in the
tournament. I tried to watch a couple of games last night but I could not
get into it

Tennessee- Rivals Radio was talking about Dooley- he is catching a little
heat for not being media friendly. I wish him the best. The school got
burned and I like Dooley.

Boys-- Not sure what they are looking for in the draft but I would place
emphasis on left tackle in the 1st

Saints- LB or DT

--------
JXC, is a Captain Shreve and Tech Grad stranded down south and will be moving to Big D this summer.

J

=

No comments: