Saturday, February 13, 2010

Getting ready for March Madness

The Top Three Conferences seem to be much stronger than the others.

1. Big East- When I question how good this conference really is?
I remember that Calhoun and UConn are 11th in Conference.
Some say 6 teams from the Big Eas in the tourney. I would like to get 2 more. Lville has improved, ND, and Cincy deserve consideration also and are better than most that will get in.
I really like Marquette and that style of play, but they are a bit young.

2. Big 10- The biggest surprise to me, those top 5 teams are could all go to final 8. They all have winning records against top 25 except Michigan State and we know IZZO is going deep in the tournament. The should get on a role here shortly.

3. Big 12-NBA talent everywhere-Defense is not up to Big East or Big 10. 7 teams-possible.
I like Okie State but not TTech. Baylor is a nightmare draw for someone.


ACC-It goes against my all of my natural instincts to say this conference is bad.
Every team is except VA Tech is loaded with all Americans everywhere.
Some people say they get 6 teams, I would only do 5:
Duke, MD, VT and VA. Va may fall with the remaining schedule, but they are 3-0 against top 25. GT is ranked in top 20, but they could lose 3 of next 5.
The Tar Heels are 2-7 in conference. Wow.

SEC- See previous post.
KY, Ten, Vnd, MState are in. Ole Miss should be.
Watch Arkansas win or go deep in the tourney and bump someone. Fla is confusing, Donovan has lost something since that Orlando debacle.

A10-people are looking at 6 teams because of records, but I do not see all of the wins against good teams after the top 4. Richmond, Xavier, Temple and Charlotte seems to be the best.

USA-Some say 2 from this conference I want more. 3 or 4 UAB, Utep, Mem, Tulsa-none past the 2nd round, except UAB.

MWC-New Mexico, BYU and UNLV should all win in the first round unless they draw a team like Pitt or Baylor that is down in the Bracket.


j

No comments: