Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Jarvis Varnado Breaks NCAA Blocked Shot Record In M State Win

Jarvis Varnado needed 8 blocked shots to pass former Northeast La (now ULM) player Wojeiech Mydra's record of 535 blocked shots.

While leading Mississippi State to 8 point win over Alabama, Varnado had 6 blocked shots in the 2nd Half to break the all time record at 536.

I have posted 2 separate post prior to the record tonight.
In my first post in November I doubted he would average enough to pass the player in Monroe.

By Jan 19, I had changed my tune.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Mississippi State

I was reminded by Brian C that Jarvis Varando, a John Wooden nominee,
became the SEC all-time leader in Block Shots. He passed
Shaq in Block Shots and Rebounds this week. He has 413, the all time leader played for Northeast La(Wojciech Mydra) and has 535. Within reach? nah.

Pretty impressive for a guy with no press outside of the SEC West.

Two Time Defensive Player of the year that gave up his scholarship this year to add recruits.
6'9 230lbs 210 by the scouts. . Basically a 3 year starter.
Going into this years he is projected as early second draft pick.
Maybe Ole Miss can send a JEDI Warrior out next time to play against the Bulldogs.
j
Ole Miss Ackbar
I just could not stop myself.

No comments: